Finding a comfortable position is hard enough, but sleeping without pain or constantly waking to reposition is even harder unless you find the right pillow for support. Much attention is paid to the type of mattress we buy, but fewer consumers are selective when purchasing pillows. Instead of considering alternative pillows, they pick up the first low-cost pillow and then blame their mattress when they wake up sore or stiff.
People who prefer sleeping on their sides are even more likely to wake up with headaches, sore backs, and pinched nerves. Side sleepers need firm support but want their pillow to feel comfortable and good. Down pillows are often thought of as hotel-quality pillows, but really, they can be very troublesome. There is a high instance of allergies to feathers. A top-quality down alternative pillow is a far better choice while still giving you all the qualities you look for in a plush, luxurious pillow for support.
Features of the Down Alternative Pillow from Five Star
- 100% Cotton Material
- Double Gusset Sides for Extra Firmness
- Completely Washable
- Down Soft/Cotton Clean
Advantages of the Down Alternative Pillow from Five Star
- As Soft as Down but Clean as Cotton: The down alternative pillow by Five Star is a soft and plush feeling with an extra thick filling to give you maximum support. At the same time, the pure cotton material is as soft as a feather pillow to cradle your head and neck in sublime luxury.
- Large, 25-inch Long Body Hugging Pillow: The 25-inch long sides of this comforting pillow provide great support for the back or stomach when sleeping on your sides. It will maintain its shape to keep you in position as you sleep and prevent back strain or twists during the night.
- Feather Free Five Star Pillow: Down pillows may be soft, but nothing is comforting about having little feathers poke through a pillow’s casing and stick you in the face when sleeping. The down alternative pillow gives you the same smooth, soft comfort without the tiny feathers pushing through. This pillow earns its spot in the list of the best down pillows for side sleepers
- No Flatten Side Stitching: The sides of this firm, supportive pillow have two gussets spaced 1.5” apart for a framework that won’t let the pillow lose its shape and become useless over time. The gusset ribs keep the inner fill in place no matter how much you shift during the night, so you always have the support you need.
- Superior Shift Support with the Down Alternative Pillow: This pillow is a great choice for anyone who changes position through the night. It is the perfect thickness for any position. Most of all, the side stitching won’t allow it to be pushed out of shape as you move, so you will always get great support whether you are on your back, side, or stomach.
- Hypoallergenic Cotton Inside and Outside: Not only is this pillow made with a 5-star hotel quality 300-thread count, but it has a 100% cotton cover, and the easy-to-clean material cuts down allergies. The thick fill resists dust mites that can accumulate quickly in ordinary pillows. The washable material lets you clean the pillow to avoid mold, pollen, dander, and other allergen buildups.
Disadvantages of the Down Alternative Pillow
- Won’t Twist or Scrunch Down: For people who sleep on their stomachs or prefer a pillow that can be contorted or scrunched into position, this probably won’t be comfortable. This pillow is large, flat, and firm and will not lose shape no matter how much you punch, pull, or stomp on it.
- May Heat: The thick cotton interior of the down alternative pillow tends to hold in body heat. This is a common problem with most pillows; fluffing it up can greatly help when it gets warm.
- Extra Thickness: The gusseted sides keep this pillow at its maximum width. That can be hard for stomach sleepers who need less height in a pillow.
- Not As Durable as Memory Foam: This pillow is just as supportive as an expensive foam pillow, but it may not last as long. The low cost lets you replace it as needed without breaking the bank.
There are over 600 reviews that show overwhelming approval of the down alternative pillow. Consumers like the way this pillow feels and how it looks. They are also happy with this high-quality pillow’s affordable price tag. Here are a few of the comments for Five Star’s Down Alternative Pillow:
Five starts for Five Star for creating this marvelous pillow. It is firm and comfortable all night long.
This pillow keeps its shape while feeling soft and cushy. Right up there with the most expensive feather pillows on the market.
Love this great pillow! I have finally found a pillow that lets me sleep all night and wake up headache free.
This is a low-cost pillow for anyone looking for firm support at night. It is a great choice – the best down alternative pillow for side sleepers and is simple to care for. The well-designed construction prevents flattening, and the hypoallergenic material provides a healthy sleep environment. Pick up the Down Alternative Pillow from Five Star today and find out how affordable it can be to get a good night’s sleep.